Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Fifth of July!!!

This year the Fourth was spent at home with 110 degree temps, sick children, and Tim working all day. Real fun!!! I was a little bummed because the Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Our tradition is to go to the Ranch for the weekend and to Heber for the fireworks. It is always a fun time and I hate to miss out.

With Tim swamped at work and sick kids it was not looking good. But lucky for us Heber had their festivities on Saturday, the fifth this year, our children were much better by Saturday morning and Tim decided he needed a break so we loaded up and headed north for the day. We have been going to the Independence Day festivities in Heber for six or seven years and for our kids, it is the only way they know how to celebrate. We spent the day at the Ranch with Uncle T and the cousins, with a hot dog cookout, marshallow roasting, four wheeler riding and shot gun shooting. The weather was absolutely perfect and we even got rained on while riding the four wheelers. Cupcake was really tired, probably from being sick, and slept all day (like 5 1/2 hours!) after we got there so it was a pretty carefree day for me.


We cleaned up and headed to Heber that evening. We have the best spot, which we go to every year to watch the fireworks. They go off right over our heads and it is spectacular. (Uncle T nearly got hit by falling ash!!!) Heber is a very small town but they know how to celebrate and the fireworks were fabulous as usual. We headed home after the fireworks and pulled in around 12:30 a.m. The day was perfect and we enjoyed playing together as a family. The only nonperfect thing that happened was that I forgot the camera so I have no pictures to post, but don't worry because there is always next year!!!

3 comments:

Durfee Family said...

Darn! We were probably sitting right by you! We did get covered with ash! (That hasn't happened before!) We LOVE the fireworks in Heber. We go every other year! I'm looking for you next time! Diane

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you didn't miss the holiday. We completely missed everything. I was way disappointed we waited too long in the house and it just passed us by! Oh well sounds like you had a blast!!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

I'm glad you got to go up for the Saturday festivities. The Showlow fireworks just weren't as good as the Heber show. Let's hang out before school starts! I'll call you after our Idaho adventure.