The culminating events of the extracurricular activities have kept us crazy busy in the last month. I am telling you that May is the new December as far as stuff to go to and places to be is concerned. This post is mostly for grandparents near and far who love to see their grandchildren accomplishing things...but if you're curious, too, read on.
Hog finished his first basketball season, graduated from Let's Play Music by composing and performing his very own piano piece entitled "NBC" (I have it on video but blogger wouldn't let me upload...I am e-mailing it to the grandma's though.) and is now officially moving on to second grade.

Goodbye First Grade. Yeah!!!
Snausage graduated from preschool for the second time (we are so proud!) and is gearing up to go to school everyday next year. He also had a fun season playing soccer. His favorite game of the year was played completely in the rain. He had the best attitude.
Snausage will miss Ms. Nicole!!!
Farm Fieldtrip
A horrible soccer picture, but people, it's all I got. He does look enthusiastic, though. Albert, our little over-achieving child, played the piano beautifully at her recital, took first place in the poetry recitation contest and the creative writing contest at school, participated in her very first dance recital (LOVED having Aunt Misty as her teacher!), and finished the school year with an "O" in handwriting, something she has been striving for for two years!

Albert and Aunt Misty
Cupcake's extra-curricular activities have included, dumping several cups of sugar all over the kitchen and smearing half a tube of foundation all over her body...in a one hour period. Since she can't crawl out of bed anymore, she has also mastered the art of taking off her diaper and proudly declares, "I did it by myself." Her greatest accomplish lately seems to be that she has put it in stone for her parents that she is the youngest child in this family!
Wow, you made it to the end of this very long post. In the words of Cupcake, "Good job." I am resolving to put "stuff" on here more often. Tim tells me I have been slacking, that people really do read this blog and that he likes to read what is going on in our family, so I even have some goals to revamp "Small and Simple Things" a little this summer. Come back.



3 comments:
Loved the update. Kurt and I are sad we're not teaching the 7-8 year olds in primary. We're still there in primary but not with that class. Tell Hog we miss him :D and it was fun being his Primary Teachers.
Yeah! I was hoping all was well with the Trendler family! Can't wait for more updates! (Tim's not the only one who reads!)
I agree that May is busy! We have had a lot going on too. I hope you get to do some relaxing this summer. Yeah for all your kids. As I am typing this I realized that Sammie had her birthday and we didn't call. We'll have to do that tonight! I hope she got the card.
Post a Comment